Sara

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

The Studio as an Instrument

Filed under: Uncategorized — skkoumou at 9:02 pm on Saturday, October 30, 2010

Obviously, the most interesting part of this week’s reading was about The Beatles. I grew up listening to The Beatles, so I have basically been brainwashed by my father into loving them, and believing they were great. Everything my father said about them I was taught to believe. However, my father is very biased and subjective towards them. But, taking this course has taught me to really listen to them, and take into accout their music and their abilities, while listening critically. What I am trying to say, is I knew most of the things that were written in the part of Millard, but know when I read it means more to me. Having a superior opinion that is not just a fan that is my father, really enhanced my opinions on just how revolutionary and influential The Beatles were on the music industry. One of the things in this reading that ties in extremely well to my musical analysis project, my presentation, and my research paper, is the fact that the Beatles broke the boundaries in recording industry. They were the first band to take play a part in determining how their music was made.  The group worked closely with their producer George Martin in mixing their songs. This is where the band really grew. Through the advancements in recording like the 4 track it made re-recording much easier as well as adding more sounds and onto the tracks. This is where you hear a lot of orchestral arrangements in their songs, as well as any sounds that the band was fabricating in their heads ended up on their songs. For example in “Good Morning Good Morning” you hear animal sounds like cows, sheeps, horses, birds, and elephants. Before the 4 track this was not possible because the technology limited their creativity. The technology allowed them to re create any sound they imagined.

I wont go into to much detail about how the technology played a roll on their album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, because that is the basis of my presentation. So everyone will have to wait until Monday to hear my thoughts on that (Stay Tuned).

12

medst330wpl

November 1, 2010 @ 5:32 pm

I can see you are a big Beatles fan. I enjoyed your presentation thoroughly and learned new facts along the way. I feel that many artists today (like you mentioned) are inspired by the Beatles’ styles and the experimental creativity they produced. Many artists should thank and appreciate The Beatles for what they accomplished in the music industry. Without them, we probably wouldn’t have the artists we know and love today.

I listened to Good Morning Good Morning on Youtube (just now for the first time) and I liked how they incorporated animal sounds. It’s a very creative, witty, and overall an original song. It has authenticity in my opinion because I’ve never heard of any artist who used animal sounds in their songs before they did. It’s a good song to wake up to in the morning (literally).

Do you have a favorite song of The Beatles? favorite album?

13

robert shemanski

November 11, 2010 @ 4:12 pm

I agree that it is important to give the Beatles credit for breaking the boundaries in the music indusry. To me the most important thing the Beatles did was the recording of the four track that made re-recording easier and was able to add sounds of there on choosen to the tracks.
It is important also that they were the first group to have creative control on how thee music was made.
That is huge today.
Many artists of today’s era look up to the Beatles and you see there style of music produced by the top stars in the industry. When you were as successful as the Beatles were why wouldn’t you copy there style of music!!!

janki ahir

January 27, 2014 @ 2:08 am

In exactly the same way as the Apartheid Afrikaaner government murdered black south Africans. They too are also murderers and they too should have been sent to Robben Island for life. These black people were murdered for thier beliefs.
http://www.whatismyresults.in/

alabama birth records

December 19, 2014 @ 1:21 am

alabama birth records

inmobiliaria cano en a coruña

February 2, 2015 @ 9:16 am

inmobiliaria cano en a coruña

theta healers

March 24, 2015 @ 1:50 am

theta healers

dog day care bucks county and montgomery county pa

August 2, 2015 @ 8:23 am

3d printer university

August 2, 2015 @ 9:59 am

3d printer university

See Listings

August 3, 2015 @ 12:15 pm

See Listings

MakeUp

September 10, 2015 @ 8:02 am

MakeUp

atlanta dedicated server

October 13, 2015 @ 4:08 pm

atlanta dedicated server

cleaning services tampa

October 20, 2015 @ 9:48 am

cleaning services tampa

Asus Zenfone 5 Price

October 25, 2015 @ 6:35 pm

Asus Zenfone 5 Price

App Development Delhi

November 4, 2015 @ 6:03 am

App Development Delhi

Sara » The Studio as an Instrument

pdf

November 13, 2015 @ 8:34 am

pdf

Sara » The Studio as an Instrument

bedroot sets

December 11, 2015 @ 1:11 am

bedroot sets

kontent machine software download

December 14, 2015 @ 7:09 am

kontent machine software download

akron attorneys

December 22, 2015 @ 7:16 am

akron attorneys

edm music

December 29, 2015 @ 10:38 am

edm music

http://populerkan.web.id/

January 24, 2016 @ 3:08 am

http://populerkan.web.id/

pets

July 18, 2017 @ 9:14 pm

pets

Sara » The Studio as an Instrument

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.